Thursday, February 16, 2006

Roasted Vegetable Couscous

Tonight's side dish combines two of my loves--Israeli Couscous and roasted vegetables. It's really very simple, just follow the couscous recipe discussed here, then add whichever roasted vegetables you prefer.


What I like about this dish is that you can make the vegetables whenever you would like, within 24 hours of serving. Tonight I roasted carrots, sweet potatoes, red peppers, and zucchini. I cut the vegetables a bit smaller than usual since I would be mixing them into the couscous, but otherwise the preparation was typical--toss in some olive oil, salt, and pepper; then roast at 400 degrees for about an hour. you want them to be browned around the edges, soft, and flavorful.


After you've roasted the little devils, cook up your couscous, and add the veggies in the last minute or two of cooking. Voila! A wonderful side dish that is really easy with the added bonus of being delicious and healthy to boot.

No comments: