Thursday, March 23, 2006

Rustic Tart with Strawberries, Rhubarb, and Ricotta


This has inadvertantly turned into "Conquer My Baking Fears" week, with bread yesterday and a pie crust today. I have been on a lustful hunt for rhubarb for a couple of weeks now, so when I found it yesterday I nearly squealed: I could finally make Nosheteria's incredible looking Strawberry, Rhubarb, and Ricotta Galette!



My creation didn't turn out quite as pretty as its inspiration, resulting in me dubbing it a "rustic tart". But the recipe is otherwise the exact same, so please do click on the link above and try it for yourself. I used some goats milk ricotta that I made fresh this morning, and I can only imagine that made it all the better.




This light tart isn't too sweet and really showcases the tart fruit and creamy ricotta. Decadent as this may sound, I think it would be wonderful for breakfast.



5 comments:

Erin Eats said...

I'm in awe. This is absolutely beautiful.

LE said...

What does sour cream add to a pastry crust?

Marianne said...

Thanks, Erin!

Ellie, I'm not sure (I was just following the recipe). But, I didn't add any water, so it was the moisture element. It was a nice, tender crust.

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious. I may have to follow your lead. I, too, fear the piecrust, but you make it sound so easy!

nosheteria said...

Bravo, the tart looks beautiful and delicious. I'm glad the recipe worked out for you!